It’s Lark About's 6th month birthday! Yay! Giveaway contest time!!
Caveat: This giveaway contest is available to USA residents only, as I am sadly not licensed to ship animal parts out of this country. Sorry, other global friends. Maybe one day!! <3
HOW TO ENTER:
1) You must be following me here at featherandmoss.tumblr.com.
2) Reblog this here post (with the text!!!)
You can “like” the post, but only reblogs will count toward your entry. You can also reblog as many times as you choose to boost your odds of winning, although I ask that you please only reblog once per day (as reblogging much more than that would be unseemly and spammy and no one likes that!)
3) I must be able to contact you via Tumblr Ask to notify you if you’ve won!
WHAT YOU CAN HAZ IF YOU WIN:
The loot received by the winner is composed of lots of fun nature goodies, which includes scavenged/found bones and shells, some naturally shed feathers, and a few fossils — Lark About is focused on ethical bone collecting, so all the specimens will have minor imperfections or coloration, as they were all a result of either natural death or road/train kills. They will be shipped at no cost to the winner and shall include:
• whitetail deer jaw and vertebra
• raccoon skull, scapula, vial of claw sheaths, and partial articulated spine
• opossum hip bone, four vertebrae, and vial of teeth (contains both canines and molars)
• vial of juvenile rabbit vertebrae
• coyote scapula and rib bone
• spiny softshell turtle leg bone
• horse tooth
• partial slider turtle plastron (belly bones)
• one Ohio buckeye (for luck!)
• five turkey feathers
• two plant fossils and two Paleozoic coral or bryozoan fossils
• one lovely pearlescent freshwater mussel shell
• cluster of little sparkly quartz crystals on matrix
• one large freshwater snail shell
•three seashells from a friend’s vintage collection
(It’s all really awesome.)
The contest will run from 10/10 to 10/24 when I will select and contact a winner — you must respond within 72 hours with an address to which I can send ALL. THAT. STUFF. In the event that I don’t hear back from the winner within that time period, I’ll select another, but like that’s gonna happen, right??
Okay! Contest is a go! Thank you for participating and GOOD LUCK!!!
I regret to report fellow boners, that there was a rather nasty incident the other night. Our very own Laura Wrong’s car was broken into, and the only thing the thief took was her jewelry box full of the last two years worth of her own unsold personal work. No other valuables were taken. This is every artist’s nightmare.
As is evident in the last few posts, she is still working her heart out creating beautiful new pieces.
If any of you Bay Area Boners see any of her pieces as listed here on C&C please *non-aggressively and kindly* question the wearer as the where they obtained the piece.
Any and all information is welcome.
Thank you all for all your love and support,
-Carcasses and Companionship